Web & Mobile Developer
The Sequel Group is built on a decades-long foundation of utility, construction and municipal organization partnerships. Our talented team of system engineers, data scientists and software developers build, integrate, and deploy efficient digital solutions to complex challenges.
We are growing and looking to add a passionate web developer with a proven background to our team. Remote sensing, AI, and Computer Vision are changing how organizations protect their assets and human resources. Bring your dev-ops skills, creativity, and innovative thinking to Sequel for an exciting opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially.
From concept to function, the right candidate will design, code, and modify web and mobile applications according to client specifications. They’ll work closely with project managers and development teams to ensure that the final product adheres to the predetermined budget, scope, and design. The right candidate must also have the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies, standards, and trends.
Multiple years of hands-on agile code development for both web and mobile applications, and AWS experience (EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, Sagemaker, Lex, Polly) are strongly preferred.
Leveraging restful API’s and web services for integration into a variety of platforms and systems is required. Prior working experience in mobile app development, building chat/conversation bots, and working with GIS is a plus.
Mobile spatial applications, routing, mapping and optimization are a key component in the technology stack at Sequel, and the right applicant must have relevant development experience. Applicant must have proven track record in delivering products from requirements through launch, and will be prepared to show recent activity and interesting projects they’ve completed or worked on.
- Work closely with colleagues across Technology, Field and Operations to understand business context, objectives, and constraints.
- Work closely with business stakeholders (CEO, VP and CTO) to identify data-driven solutions for the utility and oil & gas industries.
- Look for ways to improve our data collection platform.
- Working with SQL and other query languages.
- Document and maintain codebases.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Create web API’s for use on system integration projects.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and implement new feature requests.
- Project management, documentation, and issue/release tracking tools (JIRA, Confluence).
Experience Should Include:
- React Native
- Java Application Development
- Android Development
- iOS Development
Interests Should Include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision / OCR / Detection
- Natural Language Recognition
- Location Intelligence
- Serverless Computing
- Challenging the Status Quo
Job Type: Full-time
Relevant: 2 years (Required)
Bohemia, NY (Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off