Sequel is built on a decades-long foundation of utility, construction and municipal organization partnerships. Our talented team of system engineers, data scientists and software developers build, integrate, and deploy efficient digital solutions to complex challenges.
We are growing and looking to add a passionate Data Engineer with a proven background in data engineering to our team.
Our team has recently developed asset management and data collection solutions for our clients. The next phase of development will focus on building machine learning based products (e.g. forecasting tools, prediction models, and automatic anomaly detection) by leveraging the existing data platform.
The Data Engineer role will be an integral part of the team, and a big part of the development of these new capabilities. Must have strong experience working with large data sets, preferably customer information system data. This role will require someone well-organized and extremely detail oriented. We are looking for a dedicated and most importantly, a passionate data guru who wants to have an impact on an industry ready for change!
- Build compelling data visualizations to communicate data-driven insight.
- Develop machine learning models to help answer business questions and to create new data-driven capabilities.
- Work closely with business stakeholders (CEO, VP and CTO) to identify data-driven solutions for the utility and oil & gas industries.
- Build data-driven solutions using best in class cloud computing technology (AWS experience preferred).
- Partner with Engineering to develop data pipelines for on boarding, transforming and exposing new data sources.
- Work closely with colleagues across Technology, Field and Operations to understand business context, objectives, and constraints.
- Research machine learning methods related to specific business problems.
- Seek out new opportunities to deploy machine learning at scale.
- Use machine learning methods to develop data products that will increase performance in the field and differentiate Sequel from its competitors
- Explore, analyze, and prep data.
- Train and test machine learning models.
- Partner with Technology to deploy and manage the life cycle of models.
- Become the subject matter expert, develop analytical solutions and processes related to field data collection and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience with predictive modeling or machine learning (e.g., strong understanding of various regression/classification algorithms and approaches).
- Experience working with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Julia, R, Scala).
- Experience working with machine learning packages (Spark ML, Scikit-learn).
- Experience working with SQL and other query languages.
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and findings.
- Prior experience with AWS and Spark a plus
- Ability to partner with various teams (non-technical to technical).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Relevant: 1 year (Required)
Bohemia, NY (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off